Sunday, January 11, 2009

Camper On Blocks!!!!!




This was by far the scariest part of the project so far!!!! Basically, in order to get the camper in the truck without camper jacks, I had to raise the TC to thirty six inches into the air. Then, I backed my truck up to the camper, keep in mind, there is no room for error with blocks, I had less than a quarter inch between the outside of my truck, and the outside blocks. I also released almost all the air out of my rear tires to get more clearance. Once the truck was under the camper, I filled the tires with air, and slowly released the four bottle jacks. Total time to load was about two to three hours.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Nice job so far, good luck, but I sure would like to comment on something that WILL give you much grief in the future. Never, Ever place concrete blocks where you can see the holes and expect them to be a stable platform. Always place them the way the way they are laid in place. The amount of weight you are placing on them are real close to their limit, and they will self destruct and cause you extra work at the bare minimum, or your very life at worst. Just trying to be safe.....that just scares me!

    ReplyDelete